Collaborating investigators obtain approval from their local Institutional Review Board (IRB) to use BHR software to design their own Internet-based studies. The collaborator will be completely responsible for running the project, contacting participants and collecting data. They will have complete control over study design including the ability to design their own landing page, questionnaires, cognitive tests, and participant communications.
All patient health information and data collected using BHR SaaS belongs to the collaborator. BHR staff does not have permission to access or use the data collected, unless explicitly granted through a Data Sharing Agreement. However, BHR can use the aggregate data for general metrics to evaluate usage and performance of the BHR platform. The collaborator will determine if they wish to share de-identified data with the BHR team and have an academic partnership, but this will not be a requirement.
The BHR team will provide the following support in a BHR SaaS:
- Respond to general questions
- System bug fixes and/or troubleshooting that may arise with the use of the software
- Building out and sending a dataset (downloadable zip files containing a CSV) on a monthly basis
- Note: this does NOT include building out a database or integrating databases
- Currently, we only export all questionnaire responses and cognitive test data
- Assistance with creating participant communication emails
- Provide staff user support documentation & training on how to use the software
- Operations of the software including:
- Initial configuration
- Monitoring of software performance
- Responding to outages and downtime
- Ensuring security of software
- Regular upgrades and releases new versions of software
The BHR team is NOT responsible for the following support in a BHR SaaS:
- Establishing relationships with 3rd Parties (non-UCSF entities whose software may be integrated into the BHR platform for data collection)
- Establishing Qualtrics accounts in order to use the questionnaire features available in BHR
- Configuration of collaborator’s studies
- Running & maintenance of collaborator’s studies
- Developing any new features or enhancements to features to the software
If you are interested in a SaaS, please complete the SaaS Request Form and return the completed form to BHR.
Download SaaS Request Form